#MacOSX : Make your Mac a Wireless Network Bridge
Sometimes you need to extend wireless field; you can do it transforming your Mac as a Wireless Network Bridge.
Why your Mac? Maybe a new shining Mac Book Pro? Well, let’s say your city has been hit by a big earthquake, so you had to leave your house, but your wireless network still works. Mobile Network won’t work due to excessive overhead but you can still access internet to contact your friends and family. Sharing your internet connection give this chance also to many other people (this has been happened to me recently).
First you need a Switch or a Router or a Wireless Access Point and Ethernet cables.
- Connect your mac to your wireless network
- Connect Switch / Router / Wireless Access Point to Mac Ethernet port
- Go to System Preferences -> Sharing
- Check Internet Sharing
- Share your connection from: Wi-Fi
- To computers using: Ethernet and Bluetooth PAN
- Let DHCP enabled
NOTE: this way you can connect to internet while you can maintain a secure distance from damaged buildings.